For our May swap (we have a regular monthly swap in our Facebook group) I decided to create a tiny weeny mini book. I LOVE dinky things and this book is simple and cheap to make, requiring only a strip of leftover paper and a few images to decorate it. Use stamps, collage images, abstract shapes, die cuts – whatever you like to decorate the pages in a theme of your choosing.
I’ve returned to my love of vintage for this particular project and really enjoying digging out some of my very old and most loved stamps for this piece! But of course if you prefer bright colours, or pastels, or grunge, you can totally adapt this project to suit you!
I’ve created a super cute sheet of mini printables to go with this project, and if you like them you can get yours in the Printables Store here.
- Scrapbook paper piece 12 x 4 inches (you can join smaller pieces together if you don’t have a 12×12 sheet)
- Scoring tool
- White gesso
- DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic: Prussian Blue Hue, Yellow Iron Oxide, Titanium Buff
- Distress Inks: Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Gathered Twigs, Walnut Stain
- Archival Ink: Potting Soil
- Various vintage-style rubber stamps
- Gummed parcel tape
- Old book page
- Artful Printables: Mini Vintage
The Mini Vintage sheet used in this project is available in our Printables store.
Meet the Tutor
Katy is the founder of Artful Academy. She loves to teach and share her knowledge with fellow creative types. Her style varies – you could say it’s rather eclectic – but vintage is definitely one of her passions. She has a bit of an obsession with all things Victorian, which probably feeds her penchant for the shabby, decayed and dusty!